It’s unbelievable that I finally lost weight, when I paid attention to the missing ingredient. (And it’s not Food, either!).
Tell me, does this describe you? ‘I tried a zillion diets in fits and starts and was never successful.’ Just going on a diet will not give you a complete healthy persona. I finally paid attention to what everybody was saying, but I was too lazy to do.
I added exercise and fitness to the equation. We also need to stay fit as well as diet to lose weight. Our true wealth is our health. Isn’t it worth your time bring it into peak condition and maintain it? Diet fitness is all about an accurate mix of diet and an appropriate fitness program.
This basically includes three levels of consideration:
- Balance-A balanced diet must contain carbohydrate, protein, fat, vitamin, mineral salts and fiber in well proportionate quantity. Carbohydrates are the source of energy so these play an important role in balanced diet. Intentional inclusion of all foods from fruits to vegetables and meats to grains.
- Moderation- portion control, small quantity at regular intervals. I had to laugh when I heard the results of a 5-year study costing millions of dollars the government ran to find out why the population of the US is getting heavier. The results…they determined we eat larger quantities! ‘Super Size it!’
- Variation – wide variety in foods,means higher chances of complete nutrition. And variety in your workout routine means a greter chance of sustaining it.
It is a well-known fact that poor diet leads to diseases, like obesity, even cancer and heart disease. The link between diet and physical fitness has well been established and recognized as a science in itself. It’s the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity. How do you balance diet and fitness? What changes in your diet and fitness regimes will prove to be the most beneficial ones?
These questions may have been on your mind for a long time but you didn’t know where to start. I let the paralysis of analysis prevent me from getting started for a long time. I wanted the ‘perfect’ fitness plan. My advice? Just get started anywhere, but get started. There are the solutions at your doorstep. First and foremost, you need to ensure that the diet you are on, supplies you enough strength and energy to carry out the fitness training which means:
- Have a wide variety of foods– wholegrain breads and cereals for vitamins and minerals, leafy green vegetables for iron fueling, fruit for adequate fiber, lean meat and Fish (lowers cholesterol and helps prevent cancer) and low fat dairy products.
- Enable you to have optimal weight and energy to carry out daily activities with ease.
- Enhance quick and complete recovery during exercise.
- Supply enough fluids to have maximum hydration.
- Provide both short and long term benefits and ease of maintenance.
When the above criterion is satisfied, you can confirm that you are on a diet that is not starving you or running you the risk of malnutrition and weakness. Fitness programs can include not only basic gymnasium but modern techniques like dancing, aerobics and yoga for variety and fun. If it is enjoyable it will be easier to maintain.